Terms and Conditions
Coast 4x4 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please ensure you read through the product(s) details and specifications carefully before purchasing. If you have any doubts or queries please ask us before making the purchase.
All our products come with a 1 year "Return To Base" Manufacturer/Distributor Warranty (unless otherwise stated in the products details section). All warranties are automatically voided where products are found to be defective due to improper installation or misuse.
- For any warranty returns, the goods must be returned to us at buyers expense and once the goods are repaired we will courier it back down at our expense.
- Please note: If no fault is found, the buyer will be charged an Inspection Fee of $10.00 and must pay for courier cost to send product(s) back.
You have 10 calendar days from the date you received the product(s), to inform us of any products which are (DOA) Dead on Arrival or not as described.
For any product returns, the goods must be returned to us at your expense and in the original condition you received the goods in.
Our return address is: Return Address
We do not offer refunds:
- Where the buyer has "changed their mind".
- Where the product(s) are "not what you expected/imagined it to be".
- Where the product(s) have been sold in a clearance sale or a "as is where is" basis.
- Where the product(s) are not sold as new, and have been sold on a second hand basis.
- On Packaging, Handling and Courier charges
- Electrical items are non returnable. Please ensure you are ordering the correct part for the job required
- Please ensure your diagnosis is correct. If the part you are replacing has failed, ensure that the reason behind it's failure is repaired before replacement. Failure to correctly diagnose a fault, voids any warranty
Where refunds are provided at our discretion, a restocking fee of 20% may apply on the product(s) purchase price. Installation/labor charges will not be applicable for refunds.
If you are unsure, please call us for help......we are here to help and advice is free!
Coast 4x4 Ltd TERMS OF TRADE FOR TUNING SERVICES
All payments shall be made before the vehicle leaves the workshop – there are no exceptions.
Coast 4x4 Ltd reserves the right to change the price of goods or services requested by the customer if:
- Goods or Services requested are changed; or
- Goods or Services originally contracted for are changed; or
- In the event of increases in costs to Coast 4x4 Ltd with respect to labour, goods or services that are beyond their control.
In any case, Coast 4x4 Ltd retains to change pricing from time to time as it sees fit by giving the customer verbal notice before starting the work.
“Services” shall include all labour, parts, expenses and sub-contractors’ services supplied by Coast 4x4 Ltd
- ECU Programming and Tuning
Coast 4x4 Ltd does not take any responsibility for failure of ECUs or any electronic part during OBD or direct connection reads or writes or guarantee any communication protocols. Any costs due to failed writes are not covered by Coast 4x4 Ltd.
Travel time and cost to rectify failed ECU writes or updates to a vehicle’s engine software because of Vehicle servicing or OEM dealer updates are not covered in the normal cost of Goods or services provided.
Coast 4x4 Ltd does not accept any liability or responsibility whatsoever for vehicles where emissions solutions, defeats or deletes have been requested by the customer. If an engine or any other component or system fails, this is not a responsibility that Coast 4x4 Ltd covers.
Under no circumstances shall Coast 4x4 Ltd its employees or directors be liable for any direct or consequential damages whatsoever arising from Goods or services provided by Coast 4x4 Ltd, its agents or suppliers.
These terms of trade shall apply to all goods and services sold to the customer.
If any provisions of these terms are unenforceable, that term will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make it enforceable or if modification is impractical, the provision will be deemed deleted but without affecting the remainder of these terms.
These terms may only be varied by the written agreement of Coast 4x4 Ltd
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
- Consumer Guarantees Act
Where Coast 4x4 Ltd supplies the goods and services to the customer for the customer’s use in a business for the purpose of the business, the customer agrees that the Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply. Where Coast 4x4 Ltd supplies the product and services to a customer as a “consumer” as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act for a non-business purpose, the Consumer Guarantees Act will apply and prevail over any contrary provision in these terms and conditions.
- Resolving Disputes
Coast 4x4 Ltd and the customer will use all reasonable endeavours to resolve any dispute between them. If they cannot resolve their dispute between them, they will:-
- Refer the dispute to mediation which will be conducted in accordance with the Resolution Institute New Zealand Standard Mediation Agreement; and
- If mediation is unsuccessful, the matter of dispute shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the provisions contained in the Arbitration Act 1996 and any amendments.
Nothing in this clause will preclude either party from taking immediate steps to seek urgent equitable relief before an appropriate Court.